Frequently Asked Questions

What is the product you are spraying and does it kill Coronavirus?

Vital Oxide is an EPA-registered, Health Canada-approved, hospital-grade disinfectant cleaner, mold killer, and odour eliminator. Its formula contains a unique form of stabilized chlorine dioxide that kills 99.999% of viruses (including coronaviruses), bacteria, and mold,...
Read more

Is Vital Oxide safe?

Yes. Vital Oxide is 100% non-toxic and can be used in homes, offices, restaurants, schools, daycares, hospitals, and more. The product can also be sprayed on food contact surfaces with no rinsing required afterward.

If Vital Oxide is safe, why do the technicians wear respirators?

The respirator is to protect the technician from viruses or bacteria that potentially already exist in the space being sprayed. A respirator is not needed to protect against the product being sprayed.

Is chlorine dioxide (ClO2) some kind of bleach?

No. While chlorine dioxide has chlorine in its name, its chemistry is very different from the corrosive chemistry of chlorine bleach. The primary differences are that chlorine dioxide is non-caustic, safer, and gentler than bleach. Further, chlorine bleach produces harmful fumes...
Read more

What is the difference between sanitizing and disinfecting?

Sanitizing is meant to reduce, not kill, the occurrence and growth of bacteria, viruses and fungi. Disinfecting a surface will kill the microscopic organisms.

Is this product approved for use in Canada?

Yes, in order for a disinfectant product to be approved for use against viruses and bacteria, Health Canada provides an identification # called a DIN. Vital Oxides DIN# is 02422654.

What other viruses and bacteria does Vital Oxide kill?

In addition to the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19, Vital Oxide, the product we use in our disinfecting service, kills H1N1 (Swine Flu), E. coli, Salmonella, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), dangerous bacteria, mold, and many other allergens and pathogens.